Our Curriculum Principles
We believe learning is for life: a dynamic journey of discovery, bringing rich rewards and a sense of success and fulfilment, ensuring children can make the most of every opportunity that life has to offer.
The curriculum is the totality of experiences which are planned for the children as they progress through all of our schools.
The curriculum will have at its heart the learning behaviours that will support all children to be successful learners for life.
We will ensure that the curriculum is literacy rich, raises aspirations, drives ambition, and maximises high rates of progress in all areas.
Our curriculum will be broad, balanced, meaningful and relevant and build upon children’s prior knowledge
It will support all children to develop healthy attitudes to their physical and mental health and support them in their development as respectful members of the local community and society at large.
New Technologies will be used creatively to engage and support children in their learning
All schools within our Trust will provide a curriculum, which inspires, challenges and safeguards all our children, and enables them to become:
Responsible for explaining their learning by being classroom ambas
- Active participants, constructing their own knowledge and holding the key to being the architects of their own learning;
- Motivated to enjoy new learning, experiencing personal satisfaction, success and high quality outcomes;
- Curious, constantly seeking answers through thinking critically and creatively;
- Confident to use their emotions productively, as they encounter new experiences and work with a diverse range of people;
- Eager to engage with others, learning from each other and building on each other’s strengths;
- Resilient, determined and able to persevere in the face of obstacles;
- Risk takers, who can work with uncertainties, looking for new possibilities;
- Reflective: confident with who they are and inspired by the world around them;